I love peanut butter. Eating peanuts, not so much. On National Peanut Day I want to share my favorite recipe that uses peanuts. I buy the refrigerator slice-and-bake tube of peanut butter cookie dough. Immediately after pulling the tray of cookies from the oven, I pop an unwrapped chocolate kiss candy onto the center of each cookie. This is not an original recipe, but it is (one of) my favorite cookies.
Those kiss candies come in so many flavors now you can switch it up and do this with a variety of combinations. How about chocolate cookie dough and a mint kiss or the cherry cordial one? Or sugar cookies and a strawberry kiss or the caramel one? The possibilities are endless. And now I want cookies.
Aside from decluttering by eating any leftover chocolate kiss candies, here are a few ways to tidy up the pantry area:
- Check to see how many open jars of peanut butter you have. Plan for eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches accordingly.
- Tidy the pantry area by up-righting tipped boxes and resealing open bags before they spill or go stale.
- Remove any excess bulky packaging just wasting shelf space.
- Label the edges of the shelves. Not only will this help you find things, clearly know what you are out of, but it helps everyone know what goes where. When there is a label we are less likely to break the rules by not returning the item where it belongs.
- Check use by dates and plan to use up anything that is getting close to spoiling. If you won’t use it by the date then donate it.
- Group items in the way you find them at the grocery store. That way, when writing out your shopping list, you are automictically writing it in the order of the store. Less backtracking for missed items.
- Consider adding a step stool and battery operated light. Being able to easily reach higher shelves means you have more storage options. And when the space is well light it is easier to see what you have and keep the space tidy.
A Personal Video from Me with Answers to Your Questions
Trying to get your decluttering done? I’ve seen it all, share your project now and I’ll record a personalized video for you, with the exact steps you need to take to calm the chaos.
Follow Me for More Quick Hints
Print a (free) Fill-in-the-Blank Follow-Along Calendar
Free Online Workshops:
Wed. 9/15 7pm Clean Your Clothes Closet by the Weekend
Thus. 9/16 7pm A 15-DAY SEPTEMBER TIDY-UP CHALLENGE