Summer isn’t over yet! Heading to the beach or lake and looking for a list of things to pack in your beach bag? Here is what I toss in my bag:
- sunscreen keep it in a cooler bag to make it more refreshing to apply
- bug spray
- garbage bag to put sandy items to keep sand out of your car
- snacks that don’t melt easily
- hand wipes
- paint brush works great to gently brush sand off your legs
- change of clothes
- lip balm
- book to read
- beach ball without a leak is always preferred
- kite the beach seems to get the best wind for flying kites
- hair elastic
- water bottle
- beach spiker to keep drinks from tipping over in the sand
- sand toys I still love to build a castle or two
Would you add anything to this list?
What to Declutter
- Leaking blow up beach and pool toys with no hope of repair
- Cracked plastic shovels and sandcastle molds
- Bent, rusty, dangerous folding chairs
- Tattered pool and beach towels (check with the local animal shelter, they would probably appreciate them for cleaning)
- Leaking, buldging, otherwise unusable ice packs for cooler bags
- Bonus idea: cooler bags with broken zippers that don’t keep things cool
Don’t Do This!
Don’t use the bag with straps that dig into your shoulders. Don’t pack a chocolate bar, there is a high probability it will melt faster than you can eat it.
Empty your bag immediately upon returning home. Otherwise you wish things lingering too long. No one wants to find an orange (or at least that’s what we think it is) at the bottom of the bag a month from now.
Get a Personal Video Answer from Me
Overwhelmed by all the clutter? Not sure where to begin or what to do next? Get personalized decluttering advice from me. I’ll make sense of your project and deliver the exact steps you need, in a short video recorded just for you! With over 20 years of experience, I’ve seen it all, share some details about a space that’s stressing you out (and a few photos of that space, if you’d like), and you’ll feel lighter and more in control by calming the chaos. Share your project now.
Follow Me for More Quick Hints
Coming Up Online:
Free, virtual programs, open to everyone.
I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR: HOW TO BUILD A CAPSULE WARDROBE Sept. 2nd 7pm
5 STEPS TO DECLUTTER YOUR KITCHEN TODAY Sept. 9th 7pm
CLEAN YOUR CLOTHES CLOSET BY THE WEEKEND Sept. 15th 7pm
A 15-DAY SEPTEMBER TIDY-UP CHALLENGE Sept. 16th 7pm
STOP PROCRASTINATING AND START GETTING STUFF DONE Sept. 22nd 7pm
Share this Post Now
Friends don’t let friends organize alone, share this post so they know the things to pack in your beach bag.
Keep This, Toss That (the book)
Tips like this are in my new book, Keep This Toss That, pick up one today. If nothing else, it doubles as a great paperweight to hold down your pile of mail.