I am sending Happy Birthday Wishes to my Younger Sister today, on her birthday! Are you the baker of cakes in your family? I am in our family.
My go-to cake recipe:
My aunt taught me how to upgrade any national brand, basic box mix by adding these ingredients. The cake ends up being dense but moist, the best part is – it is much easier to ice because it doesn’t crumble.
I don’t change the bake time or temp, but it makes more batter, so plan accordingly. Mix according to the directions on the back of the box. But also add in 1 extra egg, 1 cup each of all purpose flour, white granulated sugar, and sour cream. Optional, add 2 teaspoons of extract, vanilla or almond depending on the flavors you are using.
- Specialty pans you never used, or used once and won’t need again. At least you won’t need them until you donate them – but you can borrow them from someone if that happens. Check with your local library. Some lend cake pans!
- Attachments from old mixers you no longer own.
- Excessive quantities of mixing bowls, extra measuring cups and measuring spoons.
- The cake stand or cake carrier you never use. Of course as soon as you donate it, you’ll need to carry a cake somewhere.
- Warped or rusty baking pans that can’t be cleaned or used.
- Cracked wooden spoons that are bacteria magnets.
- Broken mixers.
- Measuring spoons and cups that are cracked.
A Personal Video from Me with Answers to Your Questions
Trying to get your decluttering done? I’ll record you a personalized, short video with the exact steps you need. With over 20 years of experience, I’ve seen it all, share your project now.