How long is food good after sell by date? A great question to ask when you come across an open bottle of marinade or frozen leftovers from last holiday. Check out StillTasty.com to search for the answer.
Today, clear the fridge!
- Toss wilted herbs, molding cheese (unless it is moldy on purpose, like Blue Cheese), and outdated marinade.
- Identify things in the pantry that are past their use by date.
- Check the freezer for unknown frozen items, usually wrapped in foil with no identifying labels.
- Then check the cabinet for stale chips and tea bags you’ll never use.
- Finally, search the potato bin for sprouted potatoes.
Organize the Fridge
If you are always finding long lost food items in the bask of the fridge, you’ll love these bins. I use them to store all sorts of things, like containers of sour cream, bags of leftovers, baskets of berries and so much more. Being able to “slide” the bin forward means I can see everything without digging around for it. No more forgetting to use food before it spoils. I use one for leftovers, that way I can use them up before they are unidentifiable. This is how to organize food storage containers for leftovers.
Great job on a quick win.
Now you know how long food is good for after sell by date.
BEFORE THEY ARE GONE, be sure to grab your virtual seat for the 31 Day Declutter Challenge beginning at 7pm ET this Thursday, July 1st. If you don’t already have a copy of my book, Keep This Toss That, I highly suggest picking one up today. You’ll find yourself highlighting pages and using it as an ongoing reference. Plus, it makes a great paperweight for the pile of papers you keep saying you’ll go through one day.